14 December 2009

Marisa.

In November, I made some decorations for my friend Marisa's baby shower. She is having a little girl. I met Marisa when I was in the singles ward in Santa Monica. She was so sweet and befriended me (I knew not one person) on my first visit to the ward. I never forgot that day.

At that point in my life, I was not as strong in the gospel. I looked at this girl who was a convert and was so nice to a perfect stranger. It reminded me of the Savior's love for each and every person. I continued to attend that ward and have not looked back since.

Later, Marisa and Jay were married on the same day, in the same temple, and just an hour apart from Jared and I. We ended up in the same family ward. Jared and Jay served in the young men's program together and became friends. We were bummed when we had to move away. It was hard for both Jared and I. However, it turned out that we ended up in Manhattan Beach, not far from Culver City and now we are still close enough to hang out with our old friends.

Marisa, if you read this, I want you to know what an example you are to me. You radiate kindness and it is always uplifting being around you. Thank you for being a friend to me. You'll never know how much I needed it. I am so excited for you to embark on this new experience in your life and know with certainty that you and Jay are going to be excellent parents. This little girl is so lucky to have you guys. We can't wait to meet her.





1 comment:

About us said...

Jillian, you are a complete sweetheart :) I love you! I remember the day we met, and you are the one who radiated love! And since then you have been so sweet and kind to me. I am so grateful for our friendship :) And I can't wait for you to meet our little girl!!! You will be a great Tia!! We are getting SO close to the due date! It's scary. Thanks for encouraging words, I need that :) I love you :)