04 October 2010

30 weeks.

When I got the call from the doctor's office confirming my 30 week appointment, I thought "What 30 weeks? Aren't I only pregnant for 40 weeks total? Wait, that means only 10 weeks to go!!!" I then felt an extreme urgency to get all the little projects started that I wanted to have finished by now.....yea right! No one ever really explained to me how fast this whole pregnancy thing flies by.

I'm in a bit of a panic mode trying to wrap up work in LA, getting prepared for this baby, still finishing my registry (should have been done weeks ago) and the list goes on. Side note: I am not complaining, I love being busy. But, you know the feeling of so much to do in so little time? Plus, its not like I have control over when this baby is actually going to make his debut.



Today's appointment went well. The doc said we are in perfect shape, glucose is clear (no gestational diabetes), iron levels are high and blood pressure is right on. Baby's heartbeat is strong. She also told me that he will not be a big baby. Possibly a good thing for labor purposes? As long as he is strong and healthy, I'll be thrilled. He continues to kick/punch with force throughout the day. Every night, without fail, if I lay on my side he goes nuts in there. It's so amazing to feel and physically see the movements.

I do know one thing, I am really EXCITED to meet him and ask him why he insisted on spending most days curled up on my right side under my rib cage.


2 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!!! 10 more WEEK!! You will have to tell us what names your thinking of!! It took us FOREVER to think of a name for our son!

laura said...

You look so cute Jillian! I hope I get to see you pregnant before little Zepher arrives. :)