28 January 2012

a little self pity

Blogging (pretty much everything) has taken the backseat lately. I've been spending a lot of time hibernating at home and feeling semi-sorry for myself because the nausea has taken over for the past 7 weeks. This experience is new for me. I now really appreciate the fact that I was not sick at all when pregnant with Caden. Although, it is hard to see the light (or relief) at the end of the tunnel, I keep reminding myself how blessed I am to have this little babe and that this sickness is SO worth it. So, complaining/self pity aside, I am one grateful mother.

Meanwhile, Caden is flourishing and continues to keep my spirits up. Whether it be a new funny face, a word, or dance move, he keeps me laughing. I feel so bad that he has been cooped up in the house and at times I barely have the energy to play with him. I've had a few good days when I was able to take him to play group etc. and he was beyond excited. It broke my heart. I hope for both our sake that this sickness subsides soon.

I'll be 14 weeks in a couple days and we are finding out the sex of the baby next week! I'm really looking forward to it! We are having a family "baby gender reveal," like we did when I was pregnant with Caden. Take a look back here.

A few pics from Christmas time....enjoy.
Caden with (cousin) Auntie Domi



Temple Square - Salt Lake City
It was freeeeeezzzzzing!

A fantastic Christmas dinner. Of course, we're all still in our jams.

My beautiful nieces - Domi, Jo, and Shaunie

Salt Lake Temple


Caden loved playing with his cousin Dylan.



1 comment:

Maegan Alme said...

I feel for ya sister! I had morning sickness with both! Hopefully it will subside soon. When are you due again? And are you finding out what you are having? So excited for you guys!