29 October 2008

Migraines and Watermelon.

I have to complain for a few seconds about migraines. I unfortunately get migraines from time to time, usually once a month or so.  I don't know if they are caused from stress, the skipping of lunch because I get wrapped up at work or the times when I am constantly at the computer. Funny how all the possible reasons are work related even though I really do enjoy my job. Nevertheless, I got one on Monday and Tuesday this week....so unfair. When the symptoms begin, I try to get home asap because I usually get very sick. I know when one is coming on because I start to have blurry vision in one eye. This is not good, especially since I got both migraines while driving (not safe) this week. In the past, Jared had to guide me home over the phone. I know that sounds impossible, but I was also lost at the time because I tried to take side streets to avoid traffic. 

Nevertheless, the one thing (aside from medicine) that helps calm my stomach and makes me feel better is watermelon. It also happens to be one of my favorite foods, win-win situation. So, last night in my rush to get home, I stopped by the store hoping that they would still have watermelon since it is not in season. Lucky for me they had 2 large pre-cut packages left. I'm finishing it off this morning for breakfast. Migraine is gone and I'm off to work.

2 comments:

Lula. said...

Why are we not sharing that watermelon right now? ...ahh the days.

So sorry that you get migraines so frequently but I am really enjoying the blog.

paulntara said...

I feel your pain jillie...we are a very head-achy family.
love,
Tara