13 August 2009

Beach Day.

I REALLY enjoy having planned, fun filled weekends. My husband can attest to that, both the "planned" and fun parts.

2 weekends ago....

We got prepared for a BEACH DAY. Preparing for a beach day does not take much time or effort.
1. Backpack chairs: each packed with a towel, sunscreen and our favorite books/mags.
2. Cooler: containing drinks and snacks.
3. Umbrella: which is always put back in its proper case from the beach trip prior. So, it's always ready to go.

Beach days seem to be happening on the regular lately, sorry to brag. Our good friends D & H came down from Culver City to join us. D & H go to the same church as us and use to be our neighbors. We had not seen them since we moved back to the west side.

We decided to go to Manhattan Beach. I advised against it because of the 6 man volleyball tourney. This event brings out thousands of people, yes I said thousands. It is HUGE. I knew that parking would be horrendous but, thank goodness my boss lives a few blocks up from the beach. She was not home and said we could park at her house. Thanks Jill.

We ended up finding a spot to relax on the opposite side of the tournament and didn't even dare venture over there to see what was going on. My pic below isn't the greatest but, you can kind of see what I'm talking about - all the little specks are people.

1 comment:

ayura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.