21 June 2010

father's day.


I miss my father. He was a great dad to my sisters and I. It must have been tough to have 4 crazy daughters. I think about him often and especially during times in my life when new events are happening (i.e. becoming a parent). I am grateful for his example of what a good parent should be. I love him so much.



I had to keep this picture under wraps for awhile because Jared posed like this before we told anyone I was pregnant.
It was funny.

I had always hoped I would end up with a husband who possessed the same qualities as my dad. I wanted someone that I knew would be a good father, just like my own. I have to say that I was extremely lucky to find Jared. He is going to be a fantastic father. On this Father's Day, I remember my dad and celebrate my husband, the "dad-to-be." I am so blessed to have had an incredible father and an amazing husband.

Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Matt & Danielle said...

Jillian...congrats on the little one! Such an exciting time in you and Jared's life...the anticipation and anxiety for months followed by the joy and love like no other for something so pure and innocent. Can't wait to find out what you are having.