14 June 2010

my jared.

We had a great time on our quick weekend getaway for Jared's b-day. We headed up the coast to San Luis Obispo (one of our very favorite spots). Our first stop is always Firestone Grill.


This is why...they make the BEST tri-tip sandwich ever.
We love it so much, we ate here 3 times during our 2 day stay. However, it is impossible to eat this sandwich 3 times in 2 days. So, we also ate salads and chicken burgers. So delicious.

We stayed at the Apple Farm hotel. It was our first time there. As our usual spot, Madonna Inn, was completely booked. We liked it, it is a small country cottage boutique hotel.




Random picture of Jared at the "gum alley" in SLO. The alley is completely filled with gum lined walls. It's actually pretty gross.

We spent each day at the beach but, I was too busy relaxing to take any pictures of us. The weather was the best I have been in this summer, probably about 90 degrees.

On day 2 we went to Morro Bay. Jared wanted to kayak across the bay and then walk across the small island to the ocean. So, we did. I did not enjoy the walking across the island part, I probably even complained :)






When we returned home, we went out to dinner with our family. Jared loves Thai food. So, we went to Thai Thani in Redondo Beach. It was really good.



The b-day boy with 2 chocolate cream pies. He blew out all the candles at once.


To: My Jared, I know you will hate this picture of yourself but, it is the only one I had of you solo. I hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed (despite my complaints) our weekend away. I love you and look forward to many more birthdays with you. You are my best husband. xo

No comments: