10 November 2010

baby kennedy due date pool

Maren (my sister) came up with the idea of having a baby due date pool. The idea is to guess which day you think the baby is going to arrive. Everyone put money in for the day they wanted. I (fairly) drew names out of a bowl to determine the order in which each person would select the date of their choice. It was a lot of fun. We had people on speakerphone and people playing that were not even present but, had given their picks to "trusted" family members.

Jared and I are not allowed to participate because my competitive family thinks we could cheat by having info from the doctor, choosing a date (if a c-section happens), or "someone" even mentioned that I could hold out (which is impossible, if the baby is coming, I don't think there is much I can do to stop him). However, if the baby is born on a date that was not selected then we get the pot. So, here's to having the baby early!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this! i hope it's the 6th... then we'll be having our little ones on the same day! but there's no guessing over here (he's coming out then whether he likes it or not!)see you soon!